Friday 6 March 2020

1.4.- Polite requests


Brainstorming about cases or situations in which we ask for permission

Video about polite requests


From the Top most formal structures for polite requests to the least ones

 

Would you mind if…

Would you mind if I smoked in the classroom?

Would you mind if my mate smoked in the classroom?

Would you mind if you respect the rules?

Would you mind if + Subject 1 + mind if + Subject 1 or 2 + Verb in Past Simple + Complement?

 

Do you mind

Do you mind opening your book on page 9?

Do + Subject + mind + Verb in -ing + Complement?

 

Would you wait a moment?

Could you open the door?

Will I help you?

May I go to the toilet?

Can I stay here?


Would/Could/Will/May/Can + Subject + Verb + Complement?

 

Would you mind if

Do you mind 

Would

Will

Could

May (I/we)

Can


Polite requests online exercise

No comments:

Post a Comment